CoreNet Global - Chicago Chapter University Outreach Scholarship
The CoreNet Global – Chicago Chapter Award for Academic Excellence recognizes two students annually who embody the values of connect, learn grow, and, belong that define the CoreNet organization.
- November 30, 2023 - Application due date
- December 15, 2023 - Recipients are notified
- January 17, 2024 Recipient will be officially announced at the CNG Chicago Chapter Real Awards ceremony
Winners will RECEIVE
- Two tickets to the REAL Award Gala (attendance at the Real Awards is requested)
- One-time nonrenewable $5,000 scholarship
- One-year student membership to CoreNet Global – Chicago Chapter
- Free admission to all CoreNet Global – Chicago Chapter educational and networking events for one calendar year, and recognition through a social media rollout.
Chicago Chapter Award for Academic Excellence Requirements
The recipients of this award are people who has distinguished themselves through excellence in their academic studies and has shown an interest in Real Estate. Students who wish to apply should meet the following requirements:
- Full-time or part-time undergraduate or graduate students at a university in the Chicago Chapter membership area. Students currently receiving full tuition scholarships (from any source) are not eligible for this award. Scholarships are awarded without regard to the applicant's race, color, creed, religion, sex or national origin.
- Scholarships are awarded based on economic need in conjunction with academic merit. Scholarship funds are awarded directly to the college or university on behalf of the student. CoreNet Global Chicago Chapter Board members, Scholarship Committee members and their immediate family will be excluded from consideration. For purposes of this policy, immediate family includes spouses, children and stepchildren, civil union partners, parents, stepparents, grandparents, and grandchildren as well as anyone living in the same household.
The scholarship recipient will be contacted on or before Friday, December 15th in advance of the official announcement and award at CoreNet Chicago’s Real Awards on Wednesday, January 17th.
2022 Scholarship Award Winners
Victoria Reznik - Northwestern University
Victoria Reznik is a driven scholar who was pursuing her JD/MBA at Northwestern University at the time of the scholarship. Her academic journey includes a Master of Arts in Development Studies from York University and a Bachelor of Arts in Politics and Governance from Toronto Metropolitan University. Born in Kazakhstan, her family sought refuge in Israel, and later moved to Canada. At the age of 13, Victoria was selected to represent Canada in the 2010 Youth Olympics.
Receiving the CoreNet Scholarship helped alleviate her financial stress and allowed her to focus on her studies, bringing her closer to achieving her goal of becoming a corporate real estate attorney. She is excited about the events that a membership with CoreNet Chicago will allow her to attend and the new connections she will make.
Maxwell Van Hollebeke - University of Notre Dame
Maxwell Van Hollebeke was diligently pursuing his MBA at the University of Notre Dame at the time of the award. His educational background includes a Bachelor of Arts in Marketing from the University of Washington. During his time at Notre Dame, Maxwell was President of the MBA Real Estate Club and led a team of five other students to a 2nd place finish in the graduate division of the Eisenberg Real Estate Development Case Competition.
Maxwell has a diverse background in real estate and business. He dedicated his time to learning about single-family home investing, which resulted in acquiring two properties of his own. He is highly motivated, and hopes that his membership with CoreNet Chicago will offer him professional development opportunities and valuable connections.