CoreNet Global - Chicago Chapter University Outreach Scholarship
CoreNet Global – Chicago Chapter Award for Academic Excellence recognizes two students annually who embody the values of connect, learn, grow, and belong that define the CoreNet organization. Each recipient will receive a one-time non renewable $5,000 scholarship made payable to their college or university, and a one year student membership to CoreNet Global – Chicago Chapter. In addition, both winners will each receive free admission to all CoreNet Global – Chicago Chapter educational and networking events for one calendar year, and social media recognition in lieu of the Real Awards Gala which is not being held in person due to the current climate.
Chicago Chapter Award for Academic Excellence Requirements
The recipient of this award is someone who has distinguished themselves through excellence in the study of real estate and its corollary subjects. Students who wish to apply should meet the following requirements:
- Full-time or part-time undergraduate or graduate students at a university in the Chicago Chapter membership area.
- Students currently receiving full tuition scholarships (from any source) are not eligible for this award.
- Scholarships are awarded without regard to the applicant's race, color, creed, religion, sex or national origin.
- Scholarships are awarded based on economic need in conjunction with academic merit.
- Scholarship funds are awarded directly to the college or university on behalf of the student.
- CoreNet Global Chicago Chapter Board members, Scholarship Committee members and their immediate family will be excluded from consideration. For purposes of this policy, immediate family includes spouses, children and stepchildren, civil union partners, parents, stepparents, grandparents, and grandchildren as well as anyone living in the same household.
Award Submission Process
The selection of scholarship recipients will be determined by the Board of Directors and a committee of local CoreNet members with consideration of the following criteria and requested submissions:
- An essay highlighting the applicant’s indication of interest in pursuing a career in corporate real estate and career objectives. Please include why you believe your experiences, accomplishments and goals make you qualified to receive the scholarship. (750 words)
- The recipient of this scholarship is awarded a yearlong membership to CoreNet Global – Chicago Chapter. Please indicate further in your essay how you believe your skills, personal attributes, experience and participation may bring value to the Chicago Chapter and discuss how this aspect of the scholarship may benefit you as you pursue your career objectives. (500 words)
- Official copies of all transcripts, certified by the Registrar, of courses the applicant has taken.
- The workforce of the world has abruptly had to respond to the impact of COVID-19, adopting virtual work protocols and significant health and safety measures. How do you envision our work environments of tomorrow adapting to meet the needs of the workforce? What measures will maintain as we embrace our new work realities? (250 words)
- Social unrest has impacted American lives profoundly, allowing for dialogue and action to step in. How can the “built environment and corporate real estate industry support diversity, equity and inclusivity? (250 words)
Submit all required materials to Beth Brouwer by January 15, 2021 to email@example.com OR mail in all forms for receipt by the same date to:
CoreNet Global Chicago Chapter
20960 Frankfort Square Road; Suite B
Frankfort, IL 60423
Award Announcement Date
The scholarship award winner will be announced and honored via social media during the month of January/early February 2021; more details to follow.