$5,000 CoreNet Scholarship Deadline Extended
The CoreNet Global - Chicago Chapter is pleased to announce that the existing submittal deadline for the Award for Academic Excellence has been extended to October 21, 2016 due to conflicts with the academic school year calendar.
CoreNet Global - Chicago Chapter University Outreach Scholarship
The CoreNet Global - Chicago Chapter Award for Academic Excellence recognizes a single student annually who embodies the values of vision, knowledge, respect, perseverance and innovation that define the organization. The recipient will receive a $5,000 scholarship to their university's real estate program and a one year membership to CoreNet Global - Chicago Chapter. In addition the winner will receive free admission to all CoreNet Global - Chicago Chapter educational and networking events for one calendar year; recognition at the REAL Awards Gala; and a profile in the Chapter newsletter.
Chicago Chapter Award for Academic Excellence Requirements
The recipient of this award is someone who has distinguished themselves through excellence in the study of real estate and its corollary subjects. Students who wish to apply should meet the following requirements:
- Full-time or part-time undergraduate or graduate students at a university in the Chicago Chapter membership area who have declared real estate as their major or area of concentration.
- Students currently receiving full tuition scholarships (from any source) are not eligible for this award.
- Scholarships are awarded without regard to the applicant's race, color, creed, religion, sex or national origin.
- Scholarships are awarded based on economic need in conjunction with academic merit.
- Scholarship funds are awarded directly to the college or university on behalf of the student.
- CoreNet Global Chicago Chapter Board members, Scholarship Committee members and their immediate family will be excluded from consideration. For purposes of this policy, immediate family includes spouses, children and stepchildren, civil union partners, parents, stepparents, grandparents, and grandchildren as well as anyone living in the same household.
Award Submission Process
The selection of scholarship recipients will be determined by the Board of Directors and a committee of local CoreNet members with consideration of the following criteria and requested submissions:
- An essay highlighting the applicant's indication of interest in pursuing a career in commercial real estate and career objectives. Please include why you believe your experiences, accomplishments and goals make you qualified to receive the scholarship. (1,000 words)
- The recipient of this scholarship is awarded a yearlong membership to CoreNet Global - Chicago Chapter. Please indicate further in your essay how you believe your skills, personal attributes, experience and participation may bring value to the Chicago Chapter and discuss how this aspect of the scholarship may benefit you as you pursue your career objectives. (500 words)
- Official copies of all transcripts, certified by the Registrar, of courses the applicant has taken.
- A written statement from the Dean of my college recommending my application. E-mail is acceptable.
- Name, title and contact information for three personal or professional references.
Submit all required materials to Beth Brouwer by October21, 2016 to email@example.com OR mail in all forms for receipt by the same date to:
CoreNet Global Chicago Chapter
20960 Frankfort Square Road; Suite B
Frankfort, IL 60423
Award Announcement Date
The scholarship award winner will be announced and honored at the REAL Awards 2016 Gala. Thursday, November 10, 2016 at The Trump Hotel.
For More Information
To see participating schools in the Chicago land area CLICK HERE.